CCI Grade 12 U/M Academic Policy
In order to foster good work habits and adequately prepare students for entrance into college and university programs, the following guidelines have been accepted by teachers of Grade 12 U/M courses at Collingwood Collegiate Institute. We believe it is important to appreciate these practices in order to better prepare students who have made the decision to pursue post secondary programs.
- Attendance is critical to success. It is expected that all Gr. 12 students will attend class everyday, unless extenuating circumstances arise. Getting to class on time is equally important. Therefore, in order to minimize any disruption to class, late students will only be admitted at a suitable time during the lesson, at the discretion of the teacher.
- Tests are to be written on the scheduled test day. Students who are absent on a scheduled test day must complete and submit a Missed Test Form. Forms are available on the CCI website for students to print off and complete. Parents must sign the form and students are to give it to the teacher immediately upon return to school.
- Handing in required tasks on their assigned due dates is an important time management strategy to master before beginning college or university. As such, any assignments that are not submitted on their assigned due date will be subject to the current Department policy.
- Turn It In.com will be required for all 4U/M essay style submissions within all departments of the school.
- In general, e-mailed assignments will not be accepted. Assignments are to be prepared and ready to hand in at the beginning of class on their assigned due dates.